Pull browser window out or in to widen or shorten center column line length.The following is the main content for the page.
On this page:
Directions to Lakeside Inn
South Lakes Shopping Center
11150 South Lakes Drive
Fairfax, VA 20191
This is no Metrorail access to this location. If you are not able to get to this event by car, please indicate on the registration page that you are interested in carpooling—and specify that you will need a ride to the event from your home, business, or a Metro station near the location.Metro information:
- For all Metro stations, see the Metrorail Stations page.
- For a map of the station and surrounding neighborhood, click on the PDF in the Entrances / Evacuation Maps box.
- For the full Metro system of lines, see the Metrorail map – PDFs of rail maps are available in black & white and in color; Metro Pocket Guides are available in seven languages: English, French, Amharic, Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish, Korean.
- For the train status map, see Live Metrorail Train Map. New)
Getting there by the Moovit App:
- Download the Moovit app for all your local transit options.
- Type in your current location (or where you want to leave from) and where you want to go and it will immediately show where the nearest bus or Metro line might be and when the next train or bus is scheduled to arrive. View bus and train schedules, arrival times, service alerts and detailed routes on a map, so you know exactly how to get to anywhere in Washington, D.C. - Baltimore, Maryland.
From Fairfax County Parkway (Route 7100):
Exit at Sunrise Valley Drive, toward Reston (East). Proceed East on Sunrise Valley Drive to the sixth traffic light, which is about 2 miles (a guess, not exact), making a right turn onto South Lakes Drive. If you try to turn left at that intersection, you'll find yourself on Preston White Drive; if this happens, stop, get out of your car, kick yourself, and pay $200. Heading South on South Lakes Drive, turn right at the first traffic light, into the South Lakes Shopping Center. Very shortly you'll be confronted with a stop sign and a T intersection. Turn left at the T and then head toward the right for the far corner of the shopping center, toward the Blockbuster video store and Frame Gallery. The Lakeside Inn is hidden behind them, but becomes apparent as you get closer. Buon gusto!
From the Dulles Toll Road (Route 267):
Exit at Hunter Mill Road (Route 674)and turn toward the South. Proceed South to the first traffic light, which is at a T intersection with Sunrise Valley Drive to the right, and Hunter Mill Road to the left. Turn right at the T onto Sunrise Valley Drive. Continue West about 1 mile (a guess; not responsible for precision measurements) to the first traffic light, which is South Lakes Drive to the left and Preston White Drive to the right. (Refer to warning above.) Turn left onto South Lakes Drive, then turn right at the first traffic light into the South Lakes Shopping Center. Proceed as above once you're in the shopping center. Bon Appetit!
Park in the shopping center's lot.
Wheeled access to be determined.
- Accessiblity Information and Resources for the Nation's Capital Disabled Access in Washington, DC.for museums, restaurants, museums, shopping malls, and other points of interest
- DC MetroAccess Customer Guide order online
Traffic Conditions and Street Closings
- DC Street Closures
- DC Traffic Alerts
- Metro System eAlerts for Elevator / Escalator status, MetroAccess, and Metrorail
- DC, Maryland, and Virginia Traffic Cameras
- Maryland Coordinated Highways Action Response Team (Chart)
- Traffic Cameras in Montgomery County, Maryland for traffic conditions in the Washington, DC metropolitan area
- Virginia Traffic & Travel