Pull browser window out or in to widen or shorten center column line length.The following is the main content for the page.
On this page:
Directions to Birchmere Music Hall
Birchmere Music Hall
3701 Mt. Vernon Avenue
Alexandria, VA 22305-2408
(Just south of Crystal City)
There is no Metro station within walking distance to the Birchmere. The best stop to use is Pentagon City (not Pentagon), as it is approximately 5 miles between the station and the Birchmere. There are always plenty of cabs available.Metro information:
- For all Metro stations, see the Metrorail Stations page.
- For a map of the station and surrounding neighborhood, click on the PDF in the Entrances / Evacuation Maps box.
- For the full Metro system of lines, see the Metrorail map – PDFs of rail maps are available in black & white and in color; Metro Pocket Guides are available in seven languages: English, French, Amharic, Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish, Korean.
- For the train status map, see Live Metrorail Train Map. New)
Getting there by the Moovit App:
- Download the Moovit app for all your local transit options.
- Type in your current location (or where you want to leave from) and where you want to go and it will immediately show where the nearest bus or Metro line might be and when the next train or bus is scheduled to arrive. View bus and train schedules, arrival times, service alerts and detailed routes on a map, so you know exactly how to get to anywhere in Washington, D.C. - Baltimore, Maryland.
Note: The Birchmere Building cannot be seen from the roadway. Turn onto the driveway where you see the YELLOW sign that says "Birchmere Entrance" and go straight back to the building.
From your starting point: Driving Directions and Map.
From South of Wash DC to Alexandria, VA:
Take I-95 North to I-395 North to the Glebe Road south exit. Follow South Glebe Road (do not turn onto West Glebe Road) around the bend towards your left to the third traffic light. Make a right turn onto Mt. Vernon Avenue. Go approximately 0.4 miles up from S. Glebe Road. The Birchmere is on the left side just past the AutoZone Store. Go straight back to the building entrance.
From North of DC to Alexandria, VA:
Take I-95 South to I-495 West (toward No. Va.), follow to I-395 North. Stay on I-395 north to the Glebe Road south exit. Follow South Glebe Road (do not turn onto West Glebe Road) around the bend towards your left to the third traffic light. Make a right turn onto Mt. Vernon Avenue. Go approximately 0.4 miles up from S. Glebe Road. The Birchmere is on the left side just past the AutoZone Store. Go straight back to the building entrance.
*If you are familiar with I-66 East and the GW Parkway, you may go that way, but it is confusing as there is not good signage from I-66 to GW Parkway to I-395 south.
From Washington DC:
Take 14th Sreet south across the 14th Street Bridge. Take the left hand exit for Route 1 South. Follow Route 1 through Crystal City to the stoplight at Glebe Road. Turn right onto Glebe Road. Follow to the second stoplight, turn left onto Mt. Vernon Ave. Go approximately 0.4 miles. The Birchmere is on the left, just past the AutoZone, at 3701.
Parking is free in a nearby lot.
- Accessiblity Information and Resources for the Nation's Capital Disabled Access in Washington, DC.for museums, restaurants, museums, shopping malls, and other points of interest
- DC MetroAccess Customer Guide order online
Traffic Conditions and Street Closings
- DC Street Closures
- DC Traffic Alerts
- Metro System eAlerts for Elevator / Escalator status, MetroAccess, and Metrorail
- DC, Maryland, and Virginia Traffic Cameras
- Maryland Coordinated Highways Action Response Team (Chart)
- Traffic Cameras in Montgomery County, Maryland for traffic conditions in the Washington, DC metropolitan area
- Virginia Traffic & Travel